Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Swaps for Regionals 2010 and some others....

Well I just thought that I would share the two cards that I made for the Perth 2010 Regionals that was held last Saturday. It was a great day, with it being my first Stampin' Up! event I've ever attended. It was defiantely worth it. The presentations were fantastic, with staff from the Sydney office and WA demonstrators alike getting up on stage and sharing their great ideas.

So the first card is a baby shower card (excuse the glare from the plastic). It uses the Baby Bundle stamp set from the new catalogue which you can find on page 56 and the Baby Tees Jumbo Roller Wheel which is on page 57. I made it in three different colours; Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue and So Saffron. You can't tell from the picture but the background has been done using Versamark and some of the smaller images from the Baby Bundle stamp set, which I loaded up all onto one clear block and then just started stampin away.

The second card I swapped uses the Stamp set called Flight of the Butterfly. This is one of the stamp sets that I got with my starter kit but just havent been using. I'm one of the people who has to have all the stamp sets now but then when I get them, I don't actually use them and then I buy the next stamp set that catches my fancy. I'm terrible :D. So like I was saying the second card uses Flight of the Butterfly which you can find on page 88 as well as the set Inspired by Nature on page 76. I also used the Butterfly Punch, which is a new acquisition of mine, to punch out my butterfly and then I stuck some of the Basic Jewels Rhinestones down (these are some substitutes from Spotlights as I hadn't received my order yet. I also used the Teeny Tiny Sentiments stamp set on page 105 which has been absolutely invaluable. There is a saying for everything! I stamped my sentiment onto a Tag which has been punched out using the fabulous big shot.

Since Regionals I have received my first order from the new Catalogue. YAY! In it I order the Many Marvelous Markers as well as the new colour paper and inks packs. While I havents received the new colours I did get the new In Color's yay for me :) so today this is what I made. It uses the new In Color's Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz and Peach Parfait. The stamp set is used is the Birthday Bakery stamp set which is a level 1 hostess set. So if you would like to own that one give me a call and we can organise a workshop! I've just noticed that I am a terrible photographer :p so i'm very sorry for the cruddy pictures :)

Anyway I have a JAI entry to do...my first one ever :s so I better get onto that.

Bye for now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment